Kohta Ikegami, Ph.D.
Molecular Cardiovascular Division, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
Undergraduate, The University of Cincinnati, Biomedical Engineering
Kaleigh is an undergraduate student at the University of Cincinnati studying biomedical engineering. Her research interest is in genetic engineering and understanding how diseases affect organisms. She finds interest in trying new things, enjoys challenging herself, and is originally from Knoxville, TN.
Briana Thomas, B.S.
Briana is a graduate from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology. She has a passion for molecular biology, and understanding the pathology of various diseases. Outside of the lab, she enjoys being outdoors, reading comic books, and trying new things.
Kumar Bogireddi, M.S.
Kumar received Master in Science (M.S.) in Molecular Biology from Umea University, Sweden. His research interest is the pathological mechanisms of laminopathies, a group of degenerative diseases caused by nuclear lamin gene mutations. The long-term goal is to find new treatment strategies for laminopathies.
Undergraduate, Thomas More University (Biology), & Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) student at CCHMC
Bo is an undergraduate student at Thomas More University studying Biology with a concentration in Cellular and Molecular Biology. He is interested in many different areas of biomedical research, especially neuroscience, molecular cardiovascular biology, and regenerative medicine. Bo loves to play golf and spend time with his family and friends.
Atsuki En, Ph.D.
Atsuki joined the Ikegami lab in 2022. Atsuki completed his Ph.D. at Yokohama City University in Japan.
Former lab members
- Mason Griffith (2021, Research Assistant, CCHMC)
- Omar Almakki (2018-2021, Undergrad, U Chicago)
- Sunny Liu (2019-2020, Undergrad, U Chicago => Duke Med School)
- Natalia Ayres (2018-2020, Undergrad, U Chicago)
- Vera Beilinson (2018-2019, Undergrad, U Chicago => CalTech PhD)
- Alexis Stutzman (2016-2018, Undergrad, U Chicago => UNC Chapel Hill PhD)
- Stefano Secchia (2015-2016, Visiting master student, U Chicago => EMBL PhD)
- April Liang (2013-2015, Undergrad, Princeton => UCSF Med School)